Collect and write ten discoveries related to cytology with the respective scientist names.
Please find below the solution to the asked query
Some of the discoveries related to cytology:
- Robert Hooke- first to discover cell.
- Anton Van Leeuwenhoek- first to discover free-living cells in pond water.
- Schleiden and Schwann- Gave the cell theory.
- Rudolf Virchow- Proposed that cells arise from pre-existing cells (Omnis- cellula e cellula)
- Kolliker- Described mitochondria.
- Robert Brown- first to discover nucleus.
- Purkinje- first to coin the term 'protoplasm.'
- Flemming- Described the behaviour of a chromosome during cell division.
- Golgi- Described the Golgi apparatus.
Hope this information will clear your doubts about the topic.
If you have any more doubts just ask here on the forum and our experts will try to help you out as soon as possible.