Sir/madam please tell me the answer of question no. - 18
18. A body falls freely from a certain height. Show graphically the relation between the distance fallen and square of time. How will you determine g from this graph ?
Dear Student ,
- Height, h = 1/2 * g * t^2
- As height and t^2 are directly proportional, the shape of the graph is a straight line passing through origin and inclined to the axis.
- From the above expression, it is clear that g = 2 (h / t^2) = 2 * slope of the graph
- The acceleration due to gravity is obtained by multiplying the slope of the graph with number 2.
- The graph is shown in the figure given below.