State the various factors affecting reproductive health of an adolescent?
Reproductive health, as defined by the World Health Organization, is a state of physical, mental, and social well-being in all matters relating to the reproductive system at all stages of life and not merely the absence of reproductive disease or infirmity. Reproductive health deals with mensuration and menopause, pregnancy, conception, infertility, contraception and sexually transmitted diseases.
Factors affecting reproductive health of adolescents are:
- Economic circumstances
- Living conditions and family environment
- Social and gender relationships
- Traditional and legal structures within which they live
- Teenage pregnancies
- Lack of adequate access to information and health services
- Lack of knowledge to use contraceptives etc.