summary of the poem snake
Here is the short summary of the poem :
-It was noon time of a hot day when the poet goes to his water trough to fill his water pitcher.
-As he goes there he sees that a golden-brown snake is drinking the water from his tap
-He feel a great pleasure to have the snake as his guest and consider himself as a host
- He decides to wait for his turn to come as the snake was the first comer
-He observes that the snake was long with slackness soft body.
- The snake drinks the water as the cattle do
- The poet knows that the golden snake was venomous and must be killed but his heart tells him not to do so
- His voice of education tells him to kill the snake but he doesn't do so
-Then the snake turns back to go to his dark burrow
- The poet doesn't like it and suddenly he throws a log of wood at him
- He didn't want the snake go back but irionically he forces him to do so
- after he do so he regrets a lot.
- He feels the same as the ancient mariner who killed the innocent albatross
- He wishes that he might get a second chance to improve his mistake
- He repent alot for the underworld king- the snake.
Hope it helps..
n this poem he has narrated the story of his incidental meeting with a snake. He was fascinated by his dignified and quiet ways. He loved and respected him as a guest. It points out poet 's reaction of fear and fascinating to the snake. There is a conflict between his natural feelings and his rational thinking. The poem pints out how our feelings of affection are crushed by our social education. Our reasoning often misleads us. Man sometimes kills other animals just to prove his power and manhood. But he has no right to deprive others of their right to live. The poem arouses feelings of love and sympathy for all creatures in this world. Although the poet hits the snake under the influence of his education, yet he feels sorry for his mean act. So man 's natural instinct prevails in the end.
thnx deepa paikar nice one....helped a alot very shot and good
julies ceasar is nice drama butttttttttttt tôoooooooooooooooooooooooo lenthy yaaar
nice work & ...... thank U.it had really helped to uderstand the summary of this poem,The snake.
It really helped me
gr8 sooo nice explanation keep it up..................:)))
thnx....deepapaikar the summary was really nice
thanks a lot the summary has helped my daughter to learn
nyc one.. thanks..!!
can infinity be a valid limit for any function ?????/
Asked byMesuhas3 minutes agoSubject:Math
great work bro
good job.thanks a lot......bro...