the lifestyle of people in desert areas--their food,clothes,work,social customs,etc?
Such exercises are meant to be done by the students using their own creativity and imagination. However, you can refer to the pointers given below while framing your answer:
- nomadic people; keep moving from one place to another in search of food, water, etc.
- rear cattle like camels, goats and cows
- millets are grown in desert areas because they can survive in dry, arid conditions
- in India, most of the people from the desert region are craftsmen
- Rajasthani handicrafts and jewellery are famous all over India
- women in Rajasthan wear colourful clothes (lehenga or choli).
- men wear turbans to protect themselves from the harsh sun
- dance and folk music is quite popular