transpiration is a necessary evil ? give reason
Transpiration is considered to be a necessary or unavoidable evil because it leads to loss of water from plants but provides the plant with several advantages as well.
- Creates transpirational pull for transport
- Supplies water for photosynthesis
- Transports minerals from soil to all parts of a plant
- Cools the surface of the leaves (due to the evaporation of water)
- Keeps the cells turgid; hence, maintains their shape
This conversation is already closed by Expert