Ustad Bismillah Khan 's life is a perfect example of Hindu - Muslim unity in India , Please comment (70-80 words)
Such questions need to be attempted on your own to test your creative writing skills. However, these points might help you elaborate:
- Bismillah Khan's name is synonymous with shehnai, a musical instrument.
- He was a devoted Muslim.
- But, he learnt his art from an uncle associated with the Varanasi's Vishwanath temple.
- He was a devotee of Goddess Saraswati as he considered the ieligion of music greater than any other religion.
- He had the blessings of all and often played in Hindu temples.
- He believed that 'Music has no caste'.