what are interrogative pronouns and interrogative adjectives?
1. An Interrogative Pronoun is a pronoun that is used for asking questions.
The common Interrogative Pronouns in English are who, whom, whose, which, what.
1. "What is your name?"
In this sentence, the Interrogative pronoun is what.
2. "Which is your book?"
In the sentence, the Interrogative pronoun is which.
2. The Interrogative Adjectives (which and what) modify nouns and are used in questions. It is same as interrogative pronouns except the fact that they cannot stand on their own.
Few instances are:
- Which guidebook should be followed?
- Which of these should I wear tonight?
- Which book were you referring to?
- Which of them are your parents?