what are properties of anode rays x rays cathode rays and alpha particles
Properties of the anode rays:
1) Anode rays travels in a straight lines.
2) Anode rays consists of material particles.
3) Effect of electric field: Under influence of the electric field anode rays deflected towards the negative plate showing that they themselves are positively charged.
4) Charge to the mass ratio of the particles in the anode rays depends on the nature of the gas taken in the discharge tube.
Properties of X rays:
1) X rays are electromagnetic radiation.
2) wavelength range for X ray is 0.01 to 0.1 nm.
3) X rays travel with the speed of light.
4) x rays are high energy waves.
5) x rays travel without undergoing deflection.
Properties of the cathode rays:
1) Cathode rays travels in a straight lines.
2) When cathode rays are focused on a thin metal foil, it gets heated up to incandescence.
3) Cathode rays consists of material particles: This is indicated by the fact that when a light paddle wheel is placed in the path of cathode rays it starts rotating.
4)Cathode rays ionize the gas through which they passed.
5) Effect of electric field: Under influence of the electric field cathode rays deflected towards the positive plate showing that they themselves are negatively charged.
Properties of alpha particles:
1) Alpha particles travel in a straight line.
2.Alpha particles are He nuclei or He2+
3) Alpha particles are emitted when a radioactive atom undergoes decay