What are the advantages and disadvantages of hybridization in plants with examples..?
need it as soon as possible...!!
Hybridization may be defined as the process of mating two organisms belonging to two different species to create an organism possessing the qualities of both the organisms. The advantages of hybridization are:
1) They can increase the yield.
1) Two species combine to form the best of the organism eliminating the unwanted qualities of both the parent species.
2) They result in the formation of organisms which possess various qualities such as disease resistance, stress resistance etc.
The disadvantages of hybridization are:
1) The process of hybridization is quite expensive costing up to five times the value of the normal process.
2) They suffer more than the normal plants if not provided with the normal requirements.