what are the difference between mercury barometer and open tube manometer???
- Barometer is a type of close-end manometer.
- Barometer is specially designed to measure the atmospheric pressure, whereas manometer can also be used to measure the pressures, which are lower than atmospheric pressure.
- In a manometer, both ends of the tube are open to outside (some may have a one closed end), whereas in the barometer one end of the glass tube is sealed and it contains a vacuum.
- A barometer is an instrument to measure the environment pressure - the range is very limited to about 5%.
- A manometer is a standard pressure instrument, built for any defined measuring range, possibly up to 100 bar or more.