what are the ecological functions of forest
Forest has many functions: Forest functions related to protection and environmental conservation.
Some of them are
- It is a collection of biological organisms and non-biological factors.
- It provides clean air (oxygen) for living beings and take in Carbon di oxide.
- It restricts the air pollution.
- It provides shades and a habitat for many organisms.
- It protects the soil from erosion.
- It provides many materials for living being.
- Veteran and dead trees at different stages of decay have an important ecological role to play in conserving forest biodiversity.