What are the economic Importance of Gymnosperms & Angiosperms?
Economic importance of gymnosperms:
- Woods are obtained from gymnosperms like pine, cedar etc.
- Conifers are the major source of resin production.
- Turpentine is also collected from gymnosperms with is used for the production of soap and paint.
- It acts as fire wood in winter.
- Christmas tree is a gymnosperm which is essential during Christmas.
- It acts as ornamental plant.
Economic importance of Angiosperms:
- It provides food in form of fruits and seeds.
- We get several types of medicines from these plants.
- Trees like Teak, Sal etc. provide woods for making paper, furniture and houses.
- Fibers are obtained from the plants like cotton, jute etc. for making clothes and bags.
- Flowers are used for decoration and also in religious purposes.
- The leaves are also used for covering the roofs of thatched houses.