What are the environmental consequences of the increasing element for energy? What steps wouldyou suggest to reduce energy consumption?
Environmental consequences of increasing demand for energy are as follows:
- Use of fossil fuels is increasing air pollution which is not good for our health.
- Air pollution is causing much damage to the ecosystem.
- Greenhouse effect has resulted in global warming which is manifesting itself in strange changes in the weather pattern around the world.
- Too much exploitation of fossil fuels is going to create a situation when there would be not fossil fuel.
Steps to reduce energy consumption:
- Judicious use of energy is the only way.
- Use public transport instead of private modes of transport.
- Use bicycle whenever possible.
- Walk for short distance commute.
- Avoid unnecessary use of modern gadgets which consume lot of energy.
- Get a solar water heater installed for winter.