The merits of having political competition are as follows:
- For a democratic form of government, political competition is a must. If there is no political competition, then elections will become pointless.
- In this system political leaders are being rewarded by people for serving and also being punished for not doing the work.
- Regular electoral competition provides incentives to political parties and leaders.
- Politicians know that if they fail to satisfy the voters with their work they will not be able to win in the next elections.
- Due to Political competition, political parties and leaders are forced to serve the people.
This conversation is already closed by Expert
94% users found this answer helpful.