What are the special features of camel?
A camel has following features to adapt to desert habitat:
- A camel can live without drinking water for a weak or more. They can drink up to 46 liters of water at one time.
- A camel has hump where they store fats for energy fulfillment's.
- A camel sweats very less and this is achieved by fluctuating internal body temperature so that water is not lost from the body.
- Camels have wide feet and thick lips for walking on sand easily and eating thorny leaves respectively.
- Camels have long eyelashes so that sand doesn’t enter the camel’s eyes.