what do you mean by adolesence ? what is puberty?
Puberty is the process of physical changes by which child attains maturity as an adult and becomes able to reproduce sexually.
The period of life when the body undergoes several changes leading them to reproductive maturity is called adolescence or the onset of puberty.
the changesin the body can be seen during puberty.
- sudden increase in height
- enlargement og larynx in boys
- change in body shape. chest and shoulders broaden in boys, and region below the waist in girls
- development of se.x organs. pe.nis testes sperm duct in boys. ovary oviduct uterus in girls
- they reach mental and intellectual maturity
- secondary sexual characters. moustache and beard in boys. breasts in girls. growth of hair in armpits and pubic region in both bpys and girls
- menstruation begins in girls
- the hormones testosterone and Oestriogen begin to produce by testes and ovaries respectively