what is conservation of forest ?
Conservation of forests means protecting the forest cover and using forest resources judicially.
Forests can be conserved by promoting afforestation and reforestation (re planting) of plants. Deforestation (cutting of plants) for commercial purpose and for domestic fuel wood in villages should be discouraged.
Need for conservation of forests:
- Forests are our life line as they have large no. of trees which provide us O2.
- Forests provide wood for fuel, paper and furniture
- Forests are the home for wide number of wild animals.
- Forests have large no. of medicinal herbs
- Forests maintain the ecosystem