what is harvesting ?what precautions should be taken wile storing harvested grains?
Harvesting is the process by which mature crops are collected from the field. It includes cutting, drying, threshing, cleaning and bagging of crops.
- The grains should be stored in new or clean bags to avoid infections.
- The crops must be clean, insect free, cool and dry.
- The mouth of the bags should be stitched properly after filling with grains.
- The bags filled with crops should be stored by keeping adequate space from the wall of godown to avoid moisture from seepage.
i send question so many days back.but there is no response. i am waiting my answers.pls send my mail .my mail id is email@example.com
The process of cutting and gathering a mature crop is known as harvesting
1. As far as possible new bags should be used. This is due to the reason that old bags may be infested with insects or microorganisms which can damage thegrains.
2. The food grains which are to be stored should be clean, free from insects, cool and dry
.3. After filling, the mouth of the bag should be stitched tightly.
4. While stacking the grain-filled bags in a godown, care should be taken to keep a gap of about 60 to 70 cm between the wall and the bags. This is done to safeguard food grains against any possible damage by moisture due to seepage.