What is the difference between point to point and broadcast communication modes. Give one example
In point to point, the information is sent from a sender to a specific receiver i.e., from one point to the other point while in broadcast, the information is broadcasted to all the receivers simultaneously.
An example of point to point could be telephone call in which one telephone is connected with one other, and what is said by one caller can only be heard by the other and of an broadcast could be radio or television in which when a program is transmitted, it can be received by all the receivers.
Hope it Helps..!!
- Point to point comm: we can't use it for Too long distance..
- direct communication b\w only two points
- these signals are transmit through EM Waves: like Radio waves,AM waves
- These signals will send for too long distances,
- signals may be in any form, from following
- Data Signals
- Audio Signals
- Video Signals
- These signals with EM Waves have High Frequency, more Energy so they travell long Distance.
eg :- Telephone
BROADCAST MODE:- It is the mode of communication in which there is a single transmitter and large number of receivers.
eg:- Television, Radio