WHAT IS THE FLORAL FORMULA OF HIBISCUS?
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis – floral formula - Br. Brl. Φ K(5) C5 A( ∞ ) G(5)
- Bracteate flowers, represented as Br.
- Epicalyx is present below calyx, indicated as Brl.
- Actinomorphic symmetry is represented as Φ
- Flowers are basically bisexual represented as
- 5 sepals which are fused, represented as K(5)
- 5 petals which are free, represented as C5
- Stamens are numerous and filaments of stamens are fused, represented as A(∞)
- 5 Carpels, fused and ovary is superior, represented as G(5)