What is the nature or the subject matter of psychology?
Such questions need to be attempted on your own to test your creative writing skills. However, these points might help you elaborate:
- Psychology is defined as the scince of mental life.
- If it is a science, it should be empirical and objective.
- But, there s a definite subjective element involved in psychology.
- That element enters the domain at the stage of perception and inference of the data collected.
- As the specimen are living beings, there are no set and strictly defined parameters within which they will behave or react in a particular situation.
- This gives varied results under similar circumstances, these results can be perceived and interpreted differently as well.