what is tissue culture and its advantages?
Tissue culture is the production of new plants from a small piece of plant.Tissue removed from the growing tips of a plant in a growth medium or culture solution is called tissue culture.
Advantages of tissue culture
Very fast growing technique and many plant lets can be produced within a short time from very small amt.of plant tissue.
This plant are disease free and very little space is needed for there growth and this method can grow plants around a year.
tissue culture is a artificial method of cultivation of plants which involves of removing of tissue or seperating cells from a plant and letting it grow in a sterile and nutritive medium. Once it has grown for a certain duration it is placed back into the soil so that it can grow into a mature plant.
Advantages of tissue culture:
- very fast technique
- many plants can be developed from a single plant
- the plants produced are disease resistant
- commercially viable
it is an artificial mode of reproduction which requires one part of the parent plant to create many plants of the same species. its advantages are:
- many disease free plants will be obtained from one parent plant
- plants grown by this process grow faster than compared to the naturally grown ones
- it is mostly used for growing ornamental plants(flowers)