what is vascular cambium and cork cambium?
1. The Vascular cambium is the remnant part of the apical meristem. It is present between the xylem and phloem of Vascular bundle.
2. This cambium continues to divide and adds secondary phloem on its outer side surrounded secondary xylem on its innerside.
3. The vascular cambium produces primary xylem and medullary rays respectively.
1. The cork cambium is a true secondary meristem which develops in the region outside the vascular tissues.
2. This cambium gives rise to cork and secondary cortex towards outer and inner sides respectively.
3. The cork cambium produces phellogen, phellem and phelloderm collectively known as periderm.