What role does frict ion pla y in the sport of your choi ce? C ollec t some pictures of that sport in action where friction is either supporting it or opposing it. Display these pictures with proper captions on the bulletin board of your classroom
Friction lets us play most of the sports without it those sports would have been impossible.
1. Football: Friction supports. Friction lets the players run without it they would have fallen.
2. Cricket: Friction supports. Players run which is possible because of friction.
3. . Snooker: Friction supports. Balls roll on the table because of friction.
4. Carom Board: Friction opposes: Friction prevents the crowns from reaching the target.
5. Swimming: Friction opposes. Friction slows down the swimmer.