which joint is present between pubic bones in pelvic girdle?
- Pelvic girdle consists of two halves called hip bones or coxal bones. Each hip bone is formed from the fusion of three bones.
- Iilium (forms the upper part)
- Ischium (forms the front part)
- Pubis/pubic bone (forms the lower part)
- Iilium, ischium and pubis in each half are separate in childhood but unite at early adulthood.
- The two halves of pelvic girdle meet ventrally to form pubic symphysis which is a firm, fibrocartilaginous joint , So, this pubic symphysis is also joint between the two pubic bone.