why do we need rights in a democracy ? give three reason ??
- Fundamental rights: The fundamental rights are the basic claims of the people for their well being and all round development.
- The fundamental rights are importance because they provide the citizens of a country with human dignity and development of personality of every individual. They guarantee civil liberties in order to sustain peace and harmony among the citizens of a nation. The fundamental rights are also defined as the basic human rights given to enjoy the freedom. In the case of India, fundamental rights have also been included to reduce inequality amongst different groups and classes.
1. Fundamental rights provide the conditions which are necessary for the deve;opment of the inherent qualities in man and to secure his all round growth.
2. these are necessary to preserve human dignity and promote social progress in an atmosphere of freedom.
3. these provide civil liberties, without which democracy can't be conceived.
4. These are a significant check on the artitrary use of power by the govt.
5. Rights protect the minorities from the opression of majority.
Hope u hve got the ans. Good luck!