WHY FOREST IS USEFUL?
Forests are useful for us in many ways.
- They provide us with fresh air, i.e. with oxygen.
- They help in bringing down rain.
- They provide us with numerous materials of daily use; these include wood as fuel and many other purposes, fruits and nuts etc. as eatables, various medicinal herbs and much more.
- They are a reserve of a wide variety of flora and fauna.
These are what you can state as simple reasons for 'why forests are important'. For more detailed and a better answer of your question, visit the following link: http://www.blurtit.com/q857291.html.
Forest provides multiple benefits to environment, people, and animals. The list of benefits is as follows:
• Forest cool air temperature by release of water vapor into the air.
• At day time trees generate oxygen and store carbon dioxide, which helps to clean air.
• Forest attracts wild life and offer food and protection to them.
• Forests offer privacy, reduce light reflection, offer a sound barrier and help guide wind direction and speed.
• Trees offer artistic functions such as creating a background, framing a view, complementing architecture, and so on.
• Well managed forests supply higher quality water with less impurity than water from other resources.
• Some forests raise total water stream, but this is not true for all forests
• Forests help in controlling the level floods.
• Forest provides different kind of wood which are used for different purposes like making of furniture, paper, and pencils and so on.
• Forest help in giving the direction of wind and its speed.
• Forest helps in keeping environment healthy and beautiful.
• Forests also minimize noise pollution.
• Forest helps the scientist to invent new medicine as forest has different kind or plants and herb.