Why sulphuric acid is known as the king of chemicals
This name is given to sulphuric acid because of its large number of applications. Sulphuric acid is used directly or indirectly in manufacturing of almost everything.
Some of the uses of sulphutic acid are..
- It is most frequently used in chemical labs.
- It is used to clean up the rust from iron and steel, which is further used for manufacturing of vehicles and household appliances.
- It is used for production of lead-acid batteries.
- It is used for production of fertilizers.
- It is used for manufacturing phosphate fertilizers.
- It is used in petroleum refining.
- It is used for production of paper.
- It is used for production of detergents. etc...
Sulphuric acid is known as the king of chemicals because:
It is more reactive than any other acid or base.The strength of an acid or base depends upon the ease with which hydrogen ions or hydroxyl ions are released.Since sulphuric acid releases these ions with much ease,they are more reactive.When heated slightly,it becomes very reactive and can cause permanent scars on the skin.
Hope You Like It!