Write a letter to the Editor of a national daily, drawing attention of the concerned authorities towards the long power cuts that your colony is facing, causing a lot of inconvenience to the students, the old and the sick. You are Vineet/Vineeta of 44 Srinagar Colony, Roorkee. [150-200 words]
Such questions are meant to test your writing skills and should be attempted on your own. However, these points might help you elaborate:
Refer to our website for the format of a letter.
- It is a matter of great concern that our locality is severely getting affected by frequent power cuts in the recent month.
- There is no schedule of the load shedding and it disrupts the daily routine.
- The young can not study due to no electricity, the old can not take proper rest.
- People are unable to use electrical gadgets like mixers and washing machines.
- The problem becomes acute during summer months when the heat is unbearable without the use of coolers and air conditioners.
- Making a fixed schedule for load shedding can help so that people can plan their activities accordingly.- The power cuts should be of reasonable duration too so that people do not suffer for long hours.