. Write an article for your school magazine on ?Drug Abuse and its Prevention?
in not more than 200 words.
Such questions are made for enhancing the self-creative skills and should be tried answering on your own. However, here are a few points that will help you in framing your answer:
- Drugs have been used by mankind for the medical purpose since ages. But never before had the abuse of drugs causes such a worldwide concern and posed an alarming.
- According to a survey conducted by WHO, there are about 7 million heroin addicts. There are 4.8 million cocaine abusers and 3.4 million addicts of other narcotics.
- Recent students in India show that 88% of the heroin addicts in India are in the age group of 14-25 years.
- The students of India are virtually being crippled by this menace. Children of families whose parents maintain strained relations become easy prey to drugs.
- To start with. The addict student takes a fill to get a thrill. Very soon. He develops a mental dependence on the thrill. He requires an increasing dose of daily Drugs affect his mind, health and morals. Physically mentally and spiritually he becomes a wreck.
- The gravity of the student demands the declaration of an all-out war against the menace of drugs. In schools and colleges, students should be enlightened about the devastating effects of drugs.
- The government institutions and voluntary organizations should work for hand in – hand to wipe out this evil from the society in general and the student community in particular.
You may feel free to contact us if you face any issue or difficulty while composing your answer. You can also send us your answers here for feedback and required corrections, if any.
Kindly refer to our website for the latest and appropriate format.