write down the demerits and merits of diagramatic representation?
Importance or utility of Diagrams
- Diagrams give a very clear picture of data. Even a layman can understand it very easily and in a short time.
- We can make comparison between different samples very easily. We don't have to use any statistical technique further to compare.
- This technique can be used universally at any place and at any time. This technique is used almost in all the subjects and other various fields.
- Diagrams have impressive value also. Tabulated data has not much impression as compared to Diagrams. A common man is impressed easily by good diagrams.
- This technique can be used for numerical type of statistical analysis, e.g. to locate Mean, Mode, Median or other statistical values.
- It does not save only time and energy but also is economical. Not much money is needed to prepare even good diagrams.
- These give us much more information as compared to tabulation. Technique of tabulation has its own limits.
- This data is easily remembered. Diagrams which we see leave their lasting impression much more than other data techniques.
- Data can be condensed with diagrams. A simple diagram can present what even cannot be presented by 10000 words.
Limitations of Diagrammatic Presentation
- Diagrams do not present the small differences properly.
- These can easily be misused.
- Only artist can draw multi-dimensional diagrams.
- In statistical analysis, diagrams are of no use.
- Diagrams are just supplement to tabulation.
- Only a limited set of data can be presented in the form of diagram.
- Diagrammatic presentation of data is a more time consuming process.
- Diagrams present preliminary conclusions.
- Diagrammatic presentation of data shows only on estimate of the actual behavior of the variables.