Write three advantages of ploughing. name two implements used for the same.
The advantages of ploughing are as follows:
• It helps to loosen soil. Hence, it improves air circulation in soil.
• It helps in the retention of moisture.
• It helps in uprooting weeds from soil.
• It enhances the water retaining capacity of soil.
Plough and cultivator are used for ploughing.
The advantages of ploughing are:
1. Air spaces are created in the soil, which helps the roots breathe
2. Tender roots can penetrate deep into the soil quite easily
3. The nutrient-rich soil is brought to the top
4. The water-retention capacity of the soi increases
5. Weeds are uprooted
6. If manure is added, the soil and manure mix well
Ploughing is done using plough, hoes,and tractor driven cultivators