write three significant features of Bohr's model of an atom.
Features of Bohr 's model of an atom.
1) An atom consists of a central positive part called the nucleus which contains all the protons and neutrons.
2) Electrons which are present outside the nucleus revolve around the nucleus in definite circular paths called orbits or shells.
3) Each orbit has a fixed energy and the orbitas are represented by the symbols K, L,M, N etc or by the numbers 1,2,3 …
4) Each orbit can accommodate not more than a fixed number of electrons.
5) Electrons moving in the same orbit donot lose or gain energy.
6) Electrons lose energy on jumping from a higher orbit to lower one and vice-versa.