Informal letter is a type of letter written to a close friend, relative or an acquaintance. They are written to express one’s feelings or to describe an important incident.
There are several points that need to be kept in mind while writing a letter. Here they are-
Points To Remember:
1. Informal letters do not require the address of the recipient or subject.
2. Marks will be awarded on the use of appropriate style, language, content and expression.
3. Coherence should be maintained.
4. Concluding note (subscription) could be of many types in informal letters like Yours, Yours loving, With love, Best wishes, Yours affectionately, etc.
5. Although marks will not be deducted for exceeding the word limit, it is advisable to follow the given word limit.
Difference between formal and informal letters:
The basic difference between informal and formal letters is that of the receiver. Informal letters are written to friends, family, relatives, and other near and dear ones while the formal letters are written for official purposes or to write to the editor of a magazine, the commissioner, the principal of a school, etc. I…
To view the complete topic, please