A Game Of Chance
The words given against the sentences below can be used both as nouns and verbs. Use them appropriately to fill in the blanks.
1. (i) The two teams have _________________ three matches already. (play)
(ii) The last day’s ______________________ was excellent.
2. (i) She has a lovely ________________________. (face)
(ii) India ___________________ a number of problems these days.
3. (i) He made his _________________________ in essay-writing. (mark)
(ii) Articles __________________________‘sold’ are reserved.
4. (i) The police are _______________________ the area to catch the burglars. (comb)
(ii) An ordinary plastic ______________________________ costs five rupees.
5. (i) He gave a ______________________ in answer to my question. (smile)
(ii) We also _______________________ to see him smile.
6. (i) He said he _________________________ to be invited to the party. (hope)
(ii) We gave up _______________________ of his joining the party.
7. (i) The boys put up a good athletic____________________________ . (show)
(ii) The soldiers ________________________ great courage in saving people from floods.
8. (i) You deserve a ________________________ on the back for your good performance. (pat)
(ii) The teacher _________________________ the child on the cheek to encourage her.
1. (i) The two teams have played three matches already.
(ii) The last day’s play was excellent.
2. (i) She has a lovely face.
(ii) India faces/is facing a number of problems these days
3. (i) He made his mark in essay writing.
(ii) Articles marked ...
To view the solution to this question please