A biographical sketch is a brief narrative that contains details about an individual’s life, career, background, activities etc. It develops an understanding of the people, place, times, and events in which the individual lived. It tells the story in a style and tone that the reader/listener can relate to the person. It talks about the person’s influence on the world. Thus, in this way, a biographical sketch includes, almost all the major details of an individual.
Points to remember:
1. A biographical sketch does not follow any format and is written in a paragraph.
2. All the basic information of an individual, such as, his full name, date and place of birth, his achievements etc. is included in it.
3. It is written in third-person.
4. Marks are awarded on the content and expression of the write-up. Therefore, special care should be taken to maintain the coherence, accuracy and fluency of the content.
5. Marks may be deducted for grammatical errors and mistakes in spellings and punctuation marks.
6. Although, marks are not deducted for sticking to the word limit, it is preferred that a biographical sketch be written within 80-100 words.
Write a biographical sketch of Mark twain with the help of the following clues.
Samuel Langhorne Clemens—born November 30, 1835, Missouri—died on April 21, 1910—pen name Mark T…
To view the complete topic, please