Select Board & Class
What is the bond order of N2+?
concentrated aqueous sulphuric acid is 98% H2SO4 (sulphuric acid ) by mass and has a density of 1.80gL-1 (gL raise to the power -1) . Volume of acid required to make one litre of 0.1 M H2SO4 is???
what is the law of reciprocal proportion? with examples
importance of chemistry in our daily life
a sponge can be compressed,yet it is a solid.why?
Commercially available concentrated Hcl contains 38% Hcl by mass. (1) what is the molarity of the solution ( density of solution =1.19 g mL -1)
(2) What volume of concentrated Hcl is required is required to make 1.0 L of an 0.10 M Hcl.
Two oxides of a metal contain 27.6% and 30% oxygen, respectively. If the formula of the first compound is M3O4, find the formula of the second compound.
1) 1M SOLUTION OF NaNO3 HAS DENSITY 1.25 g cm-3. Calculate molality.
2) how many grams of KCLO3 MUST BE DECOMPOSED TO PREPARE 3.36 LITRES OF OXYGEN AT STP
explain MOLARITY, MOLALITY and NORMALITY in DETAIL.?
3g of H2 react with 29g of O2 to yield H2O .
(1) Which is limiting raegent?
(2) Calculate the maximum amount of H20 that can be formed?
(3) Calculate the amount of one of the reactants which remains unreacted.
The no. of moles of KMnO4 that will be needed to react completely with one mole of ferrous oxalate in acidic solution is
(a) 3/5 (b)2/5
(c)4/5 (d)None of these
what is the relation between mole fraction and molality?
please can anyone explain it in a simple way....
Difference between homogeneous and heterogeneous mixture.
i atom of an element weighs =1.792 x 10-22.what is the atomic weight of the element?
Find the molarity and molality of a 15% solution of H2SO4 ( density=1.020 g/cm3 and atomic mass = H=1, O=16, S=32amu)
WHAT IS NTP AND STP?
NX is produced by the following step of reactions
M + X2 ------> MX2
MX2 + X2 ------> M3X8
M3X8 + N2CO3 ------> NX + CO2 + M3O4
How much M (metal) is consumed to produce 206gm of NX. (Take at wt of M=56, N=23, X=80)
what is the effect of temperature on molarity over molality?
Calculate number of atoms in 52g of Helium
an organic compound has c=40.687%, h=5.085% and o=54.228%. the vapour density of compound is 59. calculate the molecular formula of the compound
1 g of Mg is burnt in a closed vessel which contains 0.5 g of dioxygen. what is the limiting reagent? What is the amount of Mgo formed in the reaction?
Calculate the equivalent weight of KMnO4 and MnO2. And explain it.
The normality of solution obtained by mixing 100 ml of 0.2M H2SO4 with 100 ml of 0.2 M NaOH is what?
1. If the density of methanol is 0.793 kg L-1, what is the volume needed for making 2.5 L of its 0.25 M solution ?
Please answer in brief with explanation to it...
2.16 g of copper metal when treated with nitric acid followed by ignition of the nitrate gave 2.70 g of copper oxide. In another experiment 1.15 g of copper oxide upon reduction with hydrogen gave 0.92 g of copper.Show that the above data illustrate the law of definite proportions.
calculate the volume occupied by one molecule of water?
A bottle of commercial H2SO4 density 1.787g/ml is labelled as 86% by weight. What is the molaritiy of the solution and what volume of the acid has to be used to make 1l of 0.2M H2SO4
list of all the formulas necessary in this chapter (basic concepts of chemistry)?
25.4 g of iodine and 14.2 g of chlorine are made to react completely to yield a mixture of ICl and ICl3. Calculate the number of moles of ICl and ICl3 formed.
total no. of electron present in 18 mL of water (density of water is 1g/mL) is
what is difference between absolute mass and relative mass
the total no. of valence electrons in 4.2g of N3- ion is ??in terms of Na(Na is the avogadro no._)
The normality of 10% (weight/volume) acetic acid is:-
A mixture of formic acid and oxalic acid is heated with conc.H2SO4. The gas produced is collected and on treatment with KOH Solution. The Volume of the solution decreases by 1/6th the molar ratio of the two acids in the original mixture is
What's the difference between molarity and molality?
the vapour density of a mixture containing NO2 and N2O4 is 38.3 at 27 degree celsius. calculate the mole of NO2 in 100 molemixture.
find the number of atoms of each type present in 3.42grams of cane sugar ( C12H22O11)
if 2 litres of n2 is mixed with 2 litres of h2 calculate the volume of nh3 formed
50.0 kg of N2 (g) and 10.0 kg of H2 (g) are mixed to produce NH3 (g). Calculate the
Calculate the weight of iron which will be converted into its oxide ( Fe3O4) by the action of 14.4g of steam on it ?
how many moles of lead (II) chloride will be formed from a reaction between 6.5g of PbO and 3.2g of HCl
what is the weight of oxygen required for the complete combustion of 2.8kg of ethylene? plz answer urgently....
What is the relation between molality, molarity and density? is this correct, 'molality = molarity / density'? I got this off the internet....
molarity = mole / volume density = mass / volume molality = mole / mass molality = molarity / density mole / mass = (mole / vol) / (mass / vol) mole / mass = mole / mass [proved]
A sample of dolomite contained 45% of CaCO3 , 40% of MgCO3 and 15%clay. Calculate the mass of sulphuric acid of 30% strength required to react completely with 10g of the sample.
experts please give me the answer as soon as possible. its urgent..please...
Q1. Calculate the number of atoms in
a) 0.5 mole atoms of nitrogen
b) 0.2 mole moleules of nitrogen
c) 3.2g of sulphur
d)3.4 g of H2S
Q2. how many molecules of water of hydration are present in 252 mg of oxalic acid?
A mixture of 1.65*1021 molecules of X and 1.85*1021 molecules of Y weighs 0.688 g. The mol.wt. of X (assume mol.wt.of Y is 187)?
the % of Se in peroxidase anhydrous enzyme is 0.5% by weight(atomic weight=78.4).then what is the minimum molecular weight of peroxidase anhydrous enzyme ?
Q. A compound contains 4.07% hydrogen, 24.27% carbon and 71.65% chlorine. Its molar mass is 98.96gm. What are its empirical and molecular formula????
Assuming fully decomposed, the volume of CO2 released at STP on heating 9.85 g of BaCO3?
calculate the no of oxygen atoms present in 4.4 g of CO2
calculate the number of molecules in a drop of water weighing 0.05g
Calculate the amount of water produced by 16g of Methane by combustion.
What will be the equivalent weight of KMnO4 in acidic, basic and neutral medium?
a metal oxide contains 60% metal.the equivalent weight of metal is :-
how many atoms present in 1ml of NH3 at STP?
Calculate the amount of carbon dioxide that could be produced when
(i) 1 mole of carbon is burnt in air.
(ii) 1 mole of carbon is burnt in 16 g of dioxygen.
(iii) 2 moles of carbon are burnt in 16 g of dioxygen.
please check if the answers for the following questions are correct :)
1) This is determined by looking at the ratio of the stoichiometric coefficients of CO to CO2, which is 3:3.2) Looking at the equation, the ratio of the number of moles of H2 that reacts to that of HCl that forms is 1:2. Thus, the number of moles of H2 that were used= 1/2(number of moles of HCl that were formed)= 1/2(12.0)= 6.0 moles3) 1.00 mole of H2O= 6.02x10^23 H2O molecules5.00 moles of H2O= 5x6.02x10^23 H2O molecules= 3.01x10^24 H2O moleculesAn H2O molecule contains 3 atoms. Thus, the number of atoms in 3.01x10^24 H2O molecules= 3x3.01x10^24= 9.03x10^24 atoms4) 1 mole of a gas occupies 22.4L at STPThus, the volume occupied by 78.0 moles of a gas at STP= (78.0x22.4)L= 1747.2L= 1747L(answer correct to 3 significant figures)5) 22.4L of a gas contains 1 mole of a gas at STPThus, the number of moles contained by 11.2L of a gas at STP= 11.2/22.4= 0.5 moles6) Since Fe is in excess, O2 is the limiting reagent, implying that all of it reacts.The ratio of the number of moles of O2 that reacts to that of Fe2O3 that forms is 3:2.Thus, the number of moles of Fe2O3 that form= 2/3(number of moles of O2 that reacts)= 2/3(6.00)= 4.00 moles7) Relative Atomic Mass(RAM) of Mg= 2424.0g= 1 mole of Mg48.6g= 48.6/24.0= 2.025 moles of MgRelative Formula Mass(RFM) of HCl= (RAM of H)+(RAM of Cl)= 1.0+35.5= 36.536.5g= 1 mole of HCl150g= 150/36.5= 4.110 moles of HClAccording to the equation, the ratio of the number of moles of Mg required to that of HCl required is 1:2. Since there is less Mg than required, Mg is the limiting reagent.8) 24.0g= 1 mole of Mg24.3g= 24.3/24.0= 1.0125 moles of Mg36.5g= 1 mole of HCl75.0g= 75.0/36.5= 2.0548 moles of HClAgain, the ratio of the number of moles of Mg required to that of HCl required is 1:2. Since there is more HCl than required, Mg is the limiting reagent, implying that all of it reacts.The ratio of the number of moles of Mg that reacts to that of MgCl2 that forms is 1:1. Therefore, the number of moles of MgCl2 that forms= the number of moles of Mg that reacts= 1.0125Relative Formula Mass(RFM) of MgCl2= (RAM of Mg)+2(RAM of Cl)= 24+2(35.5)= 951 mole of MgCl2= 95.0g1.0125 moles of MgCl2= 95.0x1.0125= 96.1875g9) False. It is actually the number of moles of each reactant that must be compared.10) Relative Atomic Mass of Hg= 200.6200.6g= 1 mole of Hg503.0g= 503.0/200.6= 2.51 moles of HgThe expected number of moles of O2 produced= 1/2(3.00)= 1.50Percent yield= (actual yield/theoretical yield)x100%= (1.25/1.50)x100%= 83.3%Relative Molecular Mass(RMM) of N2= 2(RAM of N)= 2(14)= 2828.0g= 1 mole of N284.0g= 84.0/28.0= 3 moles of N2Relative Molecular Mass(RMM) of NH3= (RAM of N)+3(RAM of H)= 14+3(1)= 1717.0g= 1 mole of NH385.0g= 85.0/17.0= 5.00 moles of NH3The expected ratio of the number of moles of N2 that reacts to that of NH3 that forms is 1:2. Thus, the percent yield= (actual amount of NH3/expected amount of NH3)x100%= (5/6)x100%= 83.3%12) Relative Molecular Mass(RMM) of SO2= (RAM of S)+2(RAM of O)= 32+2(16)= 6464.00g= 1 mole of SO264.06g= 64.06/64.00= 1.0009 moles of SO2RMM of SO3= 32+3(16)= 8080.0g= 1 mole of SO375.0g= 75/80= 0.93750 moles of SO3The expected ratio of the number of moles of SO2 that reacts to that of SO3 that forms is 1:1. Thus, percent yield= (0.93750/1.0009)x100%= 93.68%13) False. The theoretical yield can actually be calculated before the experiment has commenced by determining the the expected ratio of the number of moles of the limiting reagent to that of the product.14) True.
The hydrated salt, Na2SO4.nH2O undergoes 55.9% loss in weight on heating and becomes anhydrous. The value of n will be :
derive the ideal gas equation pv = nRT from gas laws.
2.76 g of silver carbonate (at. mass of Ag = 108 ) on being heated strongly yields a residue weighing ?
Number of atoms in 4.25 g of NH3is approximatly............
calculate the number of atoms in each of the following (i)52 moles of Ar(ii)52u of He (iii)52d of He
What is the number of moles of KMnO4 that will be needed to react with one mole of sulphite ion in acidic solution?
What is Mole Concept?
Copyright © 2019 Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
E.g: 9876543210, 01112345678
We will give you a call shortly, Thank You
Office hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm IST (7 days a week)