- Chemical Composition
- All living organisms, from microbes to mammals, are composed of chemical substances.
- These chemical substances can be organic or inorganic. Chemical analysis is performed to find out chemical composition of a living cell.
- Water is the most abundant chemical compound in a living body.
- Most of the organic compounds are found in acid-soluble fraction.
- Inorganic compounds such as sulphate, phosphate, etc. are also found in acid-soluble fraction.
- Organic compounds
- All carbon compounds obtained from living tissues are known as organic biomolecules.
- These are of two types:
(b) Macromolecules (bio-macromolecules)
- Micromolecules (Bio-micromolecules)
- These are the organic compounds with molecular weights less than one thousand dalton.
- Classified as amino acids, sugars, nuc…
To view the complete topic, please