- Continuous disturbance that transfers energy without any net displacement of the medium particles is called wave.
- Different types of waves on the basis of their production are mechanical wave, electromagnetic wave and matter wave.
- Different types of mechanical waves on the basis of their propagation transverse wave and longitudinal waves.
- Mechanical waves need a medium for its propagation.
- Representation of a sinusoidal wave travelling along the positive x-axis is
y(x, t) = a sin(kx − ωt + Φ)
- The equation can also be represented as linear combination of sine and cosine function.
y(x, t) = A sin(kx − ωt) + B cos(kx − ωt), where a = and Φ
- Relation betwee…
To view the complete topic, please