Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- A plant reproduces sexually with the help of flowers.
- The male reproductive structure is known as androecium. The individual unit is called stamen.
- A stamen consists of anther and filament.
- The anther is bilobed and dithecous in a typical angiosperm.
- The anther consists of four microsporangia, which develop to become pollen sacs.
- The female reproductive structure is known as gynoecium. The individual unit is called pistil.
- Monocarpellary: It contains a single pistil.
- Multicarpellary: It contains more than one pistil.
- A pistil consists of stigma, style…
To view the complete topic, please