Sentence reordering or sentence jumble questions require a student to rearrange the given set of words and phrases to form a meaningful sentence. The sentences given in one question are generally based on a single idea. At times, they may even form a paragraph. Such exercises test a student’s ability to construct a sentence using logic and the knowledge of grammar.
GRAMMAR CONCEPTS REQUIRED
Before answering such questions, a student should be thorough with certain rules and concepts in grammar. Some of the important ones are indicated below:
1. English language follows the sentence structure given by subject-verb-object.
2. Conjunction and preposition usage rules must be observed.
3. Rules for position of adverbs and adjectives must be followed.
4. The rules for using articles have to be followed.
5. Rules for modifiers (in terms of position) and parallelism (similar grammar structures) must be observed.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED
To answer questions based on sentence reordering, a student may follow the steps given below:
1. Locate the verb/s from the given set of words and phrases.
2. Identify a suitable sub…
To view the complete topic, please