- Soil is a naturally occurring substance that is valuable in sustaining life on earth.
- Humus – It is a component of soil that is formed from the dead and decayed organic matter.
- Weathering – It is the process of formation of soil by breaking down of rocks. It occurs by the action of wind, water, and climate.
- Soil profile – It is a vertical section through various layers of soil. These various layers are known as horizons.
- There are four types of horizons.
- A-horizon or topsoil– It is the top most soil, which is dark in colour and rich in humus. It is soft, porous, and has the ability to retain water.
- B-horizon – It is the middle next layer of the soil profile. It has lesser humus and more minerals. The layer is harder and more compact.
- C-horizon …
To view the complete topic, please