Select Board & Class
Rearrange the following words and phrases to form meaningful sentences. The first onehas been done for you as an example. Write the answers against the correct blanknumber in your answer Sheet. (4)Was a / about twenty / childhood / delight / years ago.Childhood was a delight about twenty years ago.(a) the leisure hours / of a child / of the TV / today / are spent / in front /(b) of most / now-a-days / the attitude / parents is / different(c) work and play / different things / they see / as / two(d) playing / feel / is a / waste of / they / time / that
Rearrange the following words and phrases to form meaningful sentences. The first one
has been done for you as an example. Write the answers against the correct blank
number in your answer Sheet. (4)
Was a / about twenty / childhood / delight / years ago.
Childhood was a delight about twenty years ago.
(a) the leisure hours / of a child / of the TV / today / are spent / in front /
(b) of most / now-a-days / the attitude / parents is / different
(c) work and play / different things / they see / as / two
(d) playing / feel / is a / waste of / they / time / that
Here are some notes which you could use to write a report.
21 August 2005 — original handwritten manuscript of Albert Einstein unearthed — by student Rowdy Boeynik in the University of the Netherlands — Boeynik researching papers — papers belonging to an old friend of Einstein — fingerprints of Einstein on these papers — 16-page document dated 1924 — Einstein’s work on this last theory — behaviour of atoms at low temperature — now known as the Bose-Einstein condensation — the manuscript to be kept at Leyden University where Einstein got the Nobel Prize.
Write a report which has four paragraphs, one each on:
• What was unearthed.
• Who unearthed it and when.
• What the document contained.
• Where it will be kept.
Your report could begin like this:
Student Unearths Einstein Manuscript
21 AUGUST 2005. An original handwritten Albert Einstein manuscript has been unearthed at a university in the Netherlands …
WRITE THE BIOGRAPHY OF ALBERT EINSTEIN?BRIEFLY
How did Albert Einstein work for world peace and democracy ?
format of writing a book review
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN ' A FEW AND THE FEW', 'A LITTLE AND THE LITTLE' ?
What did Einstein call his desk drawer at the patent office? Why?
i want eng.declamation topics. pls help me
Experts please answer this:
Einstein is celebrated as a visionary and world citizennas much as a scientific genius. Elucidate.
describe the life of albert einstein before getting permanent job
Why does the world remember Einstein as a “world citizen”?
Write a paragraph on Albert Einstein's contribution to the knowledge of science.
Why did Einstein write a letter to Franklin Roosevelt?
How did Einstein react to the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Explain what the reasons for the following are.
(i) Einstein leaving the school in Munich for good.
(ii) Einstein wanting to study in Switzerland rather than in Munich.
(iii) Einstein seeing in Mileva an ally.
(iv) What do these tell you about Einstein?
Who had these opinions about Einstein?
(i) He was boring.
(ii) He was stupid and would never succeed in life.
(iii) He was a freak.
political life of einstein in chapter a truly beautiful mind
how to speak in english
Who do you think of, when you hear the word 'genius'? Who is a genius- what qualities do you think a genius has?
Here are some sentences from the story. Choose the word from the brackets which can be substituted for the italicised words in the sentences.
1. A few years later, the marriage faltered. (failed, broke, became weak)
2. Einstein was constantly at odds with people at the university. (on bad terms, in disagreement, unhappy)
3. The newspapers proclaimed his work as “a scientific revolution.” (declared, praised, showed)
4. Einstein got ever more involved in politics, agitating for an end to the arms buildup. (campaigning, fighting, supporting)
5. At the age of 15, Einstein felt so stifled that he left the school for good, (permanently, for his benefit, for a short time)
6. Five years later, the discovery of nuclear fission in Berlin had American physicists in an uproar. (in a state of commotion, full of criticism, in a desperate state)
7. Science wasn’t the only thing that appealed to the dashing young man with the walrus moustache. (interested, challenged, worried)
When Albert Einstein was born?
who did einstein marry after mileva
Write an article about 150 words on 'WORLD PEACE'
Study the following sentences.
• Einstein became a gifted amateur violinist, maintaining this skill throughout his life.
• Letters survive in which they put their affection into words, mixing science with tenderness.
The parts in italics in the above sentences begin with –ing verbs, and are called participial phrases. Participial phrases say something more about the person or thing talked about or the idea expressed by the sentence as a whole. For example:
– Einstein became a gifted amateur violinist. He maintained this skill throughout his life.
Complete the sentences below by filling in the blanks with suitable participial clauses. The information that has to be used in the phrases is provided as a sentence in brackets.
1. __________, the firefighters finally put out the fire. (They worked round the clock.)
2. She watched the sunset above the mountain, __________ (She noticed the colours blending softly into one another.)
3. The excited horse pawed the ground rapidly, __________ (While it neighed continually.)
4. __________, I found myself in Bangalore, instead of Benaras. (I had taken the wrong train.)
5. __________, I was desperate to get to the bathroom. (I had not bathed for two days)
6. The stone steps, __________ needed to be replaced. (They were worn down).
7. The actor received hundreds of letters from his fans, __________ (They asked him to send them his photograph.)
what are Albert Einstein's contribution to the world of science ?
Here are some facts from Einstein’s life. Arrange them in chronological order.
[ ] Einstein publishes his special theory of relativity.
[ ] He is awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics.
[ ] Einstein writes a letter to U.S. President, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and warns against Germany’s building of an atomic bomb.
[ ] Einstein attends a high school in Munich.
[ ] Einstein’s family moves to Milan.
[ ] Einstein is born in the German city of Ulm.
[ ] Einstein joins a university in Zurich, where he meets Mileva.
[ ] Einstein dies.
[ ] He provides a new interpretation of gravity.
[ ] Tired of the school’s regimentation, Einstein withdraws from school.
[ ] He works in a patent office as a technical expert.
[ ] When Hitler comes to power, Einstein leaves Germany for the United States.
Here are some headings for paragraphs in the text. Write the number(s) of the paragraph(s) for each title against the heading. The first one is done for you.
Einstein meets his future wife
The making of a violinist
Mileva and Einstein’s mother
A letter that launched the arms race
A desk drawer full of ideas
Marriage and divorce
Can any one write a paragraph on
a picnicto the Zoo.
how tortoise got tail]
A teacher is like a candle it consumes itself to lilight the way for others.
HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY to all my meritnation experts.
wat is chutia
HaPpY nEW YeAR 2012 :)
how are you friends
What was enstein's contribution to science ?
what was enstein's contribution to science
why sheeps should be colour after a frequent time?
y zz english so imprtnt?
Copyright © 2019 Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
E.g: 9876543210, 01112345678
We will give you a call shortly, Thank You
Office hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm IST (7 days a week)