Select Board & Class
computers boon or bane
can anyone tell me the factors that inspired amelia earhart to become an aviator and the difficulties she faced?
character sketch of A .P.J Abdulkalam ???
getting a good job is more important than being a good human being
Think and write a short account of what life in Rameswaram in the 1940s must have been like. (Were people rich or poor? Hard working or lazy? Hopeful of change, or resistant to it?)
is career building the only goal of education?in about 150-200 words
I want unseen poems with questions for class7 or upto7thstd.
Interview with Abdul Kalam (Dialogue Writing). (Can I have few points plz.)
speaking :- career building is tha only goal of education
Is getting a good job more important than being a good human being?
I need a debate on the topic "Career Building Is the Only Goal of Education " or "Getting a Good Job Is More Important than Being a Good Human Being ". please please kindly comment fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what does gobsstoppers mean ?
Can i please get the character sketch of abdul kalams father and mother!!!
Here is a topic for you to
1. think about;
2. give your opinion on.
Find out what other people think about it. Ask your friends/seniors/parents to give you their opinion.
‘Career Building Is the Only Goal of Education.’
‘Getting a Good Job Is More Important than Being a Good Human Being.’
You can use the following phrases
(i) while giving your opinion:
• I think that...
• In my opinion...
• It seems to me that…
• I am of the view that...
• As far as I know...
• If you ask me...
(ii) saying what other people think:
• According to some...
• Quite a few think...
• Some others favour...
• Thirty per cent of the people disagree...
• Fifty per cent of them strongly feel...
(iii) asking for others’ opinions:
• What do you think about...
• What do you think of...
• What is your opinion about...
• Do you agree...
• Does this make you believe...
"I can't afford to,after what jack's done to his teeth."
what is it, you think you can't afford and why?write a diary entry of not less than 125 words.
Speech on Role Of Students In Free India
give me a essay of "my mother "..
can anyone tell me the factors that inspired amelia earhart to become an aviator and the difficulties she faced?.....plz i have to complete my hw.
how did the first and second world war cause an impact on forests?can u plz give me the ans in four points bcz it is a four mark question
i would accept any answer from experts as well as students
kindly do the needful
what is the meaning of yellow wood???..plz answer soon i have exam tomorrow
how does child labour effect the countries economy and how can we eradicate it. give least 8 to 10 points please
Can you think of any scientists, who have also been statesmen?
Find Dhanuskodi and Rameswaram on the map. What language(s) do you think are spoken there? What languages do you think the author, his family, his friends and his teachers spoke with one another?
Appearances are deceptive. Discuss with reference to the two boys.
Answer- The narrative began with description of the shabby appearance of the two boys—Nicola and Jacopo. In spite of their appearance, the narrator bought fruit from them. In the following days, the narrator discovered that the boys did a lot of other things apart from selling fruit: they sold newspapers, they were shoeshine boys, tourist guides and ran errands. All this made the narrator think that the boys were working so hard to save money to emigrate to America. However, it is revealed during the course of the story that their only motive was to be able to pay for their sister’s treatment. War had destroyed most of their family and yet it had not filled them with despair. The boys were working day and night to save whatever was left.
Answer these questions in one or two sentences each.
1. Where was Abdul Kalam’s house?
2. What do you think Dinamani is the name of? Give a reason for your answer.
3. Who were Abdul Kalam’s school friends? What did they later become?
4. How did Abdul Kalam earn his first wages?
5. Had he earned any money before that? In what way?
Discuss these questions in class with your teacher and then write down your answers in two or three paragraphs each.
1. “On the whole, the small society of Rameswaram was very rigid in terms of the segregation of different social groups,” says the author.
(i) Which social groups does he mention? Were these groups easily identifiable (for example, by the way they dressed)?
(ii) Were they aware only of their differences or did they also naturally share friendships and experiences? (Think of the bedtime stories in Kalam’s house; of who his friends were; and of what used to take place in the pond near his house.)
(iii) The author speaks both of people who were very aware of the differences among them and those who tried to bridge these differences. Can you identify such people in the text?
(iv) Narrate two incidents that show how differences can be created, and also how they can be resolved. How can people change their attitudes?
2. (i) Why did Abdul Kalam want to leave Rameswaram?
(ii) What did his father say to this?
(iii) What do you think his words mean? Why do you think he spoke those words?
Answer each of these questions in a short paragraph (about 30 words).
1. How does the author describe: (i) his father, (ii) his mother, (iii) himself?
2. What characteristics does he say he inherited from his parents?
the factors that influenced amelia earhart to become a navigator and the difficulties she faced
I want to expansion of ideas on an idle mind is a devil's workshop
Find the sentences in the text where these words occur:
Look these words up in a dictionary which gives examples of how they are used.
Now answer the following questions.
1. What are the things that can erupt? Use examples to explain the various meanings of erupt. Now do the same for the word surge. What things can surge?
2. What are the meanings of the word trace and which of the meanings is closest to the word in the text?
3. Can you find undistinguished in your dictionary? (If not, look for the word distinguished and say what undistinguished mean.)
computer is a boon or a curse ?
Rewrite the paragraphs below, using the correct form of the verb given in brackets.
1. How Helmets Came To Be Used in Cricket
Nari Contractor was the Captain and an opening batsman for India in the1960s. The Indian cricket team went on a tour to the West Indies in 1962. In a match against Barbados in Bridgetown, Nari Contractor (seriously injure and collapse). In those days helmets (not wear). Contractor (hit) on the head by a bouncer from Charlie Griffith. Contractor’s skull (fracture). The entire team (deeply concern). The West Indies players (worry). Contractor (rush) to hospital. He (accompany) by Frank Worrell, the Captain of the West Indies Team. Blood (donate) by the West Indies players. Thanks to the timely help, Contractor (save). Nowadays helmets (routinely use) against bowlers.
2. Oil from Seeds
Vegetable oils (make) from seeds and fruits of many plants growing all over the world, from tiny sesame seeds to big, juicy coconuts. Oil (produce) from cotton seeds, groundnuts, soya beans and sunflower seeds. Olive oil (use) for cooking, salad dressing etc. Olives (shake) from the trees and (gather) up, usually by hand. The olives (ground) to a thick paste which is spread onto special mats. Then the mats (layer) up on the pressing machine which will gently squeeze them to produce olive oil.
why we should learn english
My ultimate goal of life ?
where was abdul kalam's house
Rewrite the sentences below, changing the verbs in brackets into the passive form.
1. In yesterday’s competition the prizes (give away) by the Principal.
2. In spite of financial difficulties, the labourers (pay) on time.
3. On Republic Day, vehicles (not allow) beyond this point.
4. Second-hand books (buy and sell) on the pavement every Saturday.
5. Elections to the Lok Sabha (hold) every five years.
6. Our National Anthem (compose) Rabindranath Tagore.
tis is general question plzzzzzzz help me through tis..!! wat do we mean by advantage and responsibility
can anyone pls hlp me in writing an article on 'importance of adult educaton'?
getting agood job is more important then being a good human being
1. Match the phrases in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
an attitude of kindness, a readiness to give freely
in accordance with
was not able to tolerate
a helping hand
began suddenly in a violent way
could not stomach
generosity of spirit
persons with power to make decisions
figures of authority
according to a particular rule, principle, or system
2. Study the words in italics in the sentences below. They are formed by prefixing un – or in – to their antonyms (words opposite in meaning).
• I was a short boy with rather undistinguished looks. (un + distinguished)
• My austere father used to avoid all inessential comforts.(in + essential)
• The area was completely unaffected by the war.(un + affected)
• He should not spread the poison of social inequality and communal intolerance. (in + equality, in + tolerance)
Now form the opposites of the words below by prefixing un- or in-. The prefix in- can also have the forms il-, ir-, or im- (for example: illiterate –il + literate, impractical –im + practical, irrational – ir + rational). You may consult a dictionary if you wish.
Copyright © 2022 Aakash EduTech Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
E.g: 9876543210, 01112345678
We will give you a call shortly, Thank You
Office hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm IST (7 days a week)