Select Board & Class
Q:Draw a comparison between Santosh Yadav and Maria Sharapova. I want a long and good quality answer os this ques. Please Help...
give the chracter sketch of santosh yadav ?
i want the character sketch of santosh yadav(reach for the top :part 1)
Imagine that you are Santosh Yadav, or Maria Sharapova. You have been invited to speak at an All India Girls’ Athletic Meet, as chief guest. Prepare a short speech to motivate the girls to think and dream big and make an effort to fulfil their dreams, not allowing difficulties or defeat to discourage them. The following words and phrases may help you.
• self confident/confidence/sure of yourself
• self assured/assurance/belief in yourself
• morale/boost morale/raise morale
• giving somebody a boost/fillip/lift
• demoralising/unsure of yourself/insecure/lack confidence
" from the very beginning i was quite determined that if i chose a correct and a rational path , the others around me had to change , not me"
elaborate this statement......plz
Q. Rearrange the following to form meaningful sentences.
1. water / the baby / in the / there / plays / sit and.
2. long enough / the mother / him / does not / to worry / there / leave him.
3. Older / at low tide / as / wade about / allowed to / he is / he grows.
4. look out / water / keep a / into deep / sharp / does not stray / so that he / his elders.
What all did Maria Sharapova sacrifice to reach to the top?
write a short note on santosh yadav
Write the big answer of this question. Maria's parents played an important role in her success ? How ? What other things motivated her ?
Pick out words from the text that mean the same as the following words or expressions. (Look in the paragraphs indicated.)
1. took to be true without proof (1): _________
2. based on reason; sensible; reasonable (2): _________
3. the usual way of doing things (3): _________
4. a strong desire arising from within (5): _________
5. the power to endure, without falling ill (7): _________
Which of these words would you use to describe Santosh Yadav? Find reasons in the text to support your choices, and write a couple of paragraphs describing Santosh’s character.
A Russian girl, Maria Sharapova, reached the summit of women’s tennis when she was barely eighteen. As you read about her, see if you can draw a comparison between her and Santosh Yadav.
1. Match the following.
quickly, almost immediately
at odds with
more calm, confident and in control than people of her age usually are
in contrast to; not agreeing with
in almost no time
something that makes you feel friendly, taking away your suspiciousness
poised beyond her years
attractive and exciting clothes
causing strong feelings of sadness
2. As you read, look for the answers to these questions.
– Why was Maria sent to the United States?
– Why didn’t her mother go with her?
– What are her hobbies? What does she like?
– What motivates her to keep going?
what inspired santosh yadav to be a climber
PLZ SOME ONE GIVE ME SLOGANS ON ECO-FRIENDLY DIWALI
Elaborate on Maria Sharapova's life style and attitude.
Answer each of these questions in a short paragraph (about 30 words).
1. How did Santosh begin to climb mountains?
2. What incidents during the Everest expedition show Santosh’s concern for her team-mates?
3. What shows her concern for the environment?
4. How does she describe her feelings at the summit of the Everest?
5. Santosh Yadav got into the record books both times she scaled Mt Everest. What were the reasons for this?
why santosh yadav was a fervent environmentalist
I have to write a paragraph on if i were invisible
why did santosh's parents agree to pay for her schooling in delhi?what mental qualities of santosh are brought into light by this incident?
please i want the answer........ “But Santosh was not always content with her place in a traditional way of life” Do you agree with this statement. Write your views in 100 words on “Discrimination in the society on the basis of Gender”
i have scored little less grades in sa 1 in class x..hw is it gna affect my final cgpa grade? is it possible for me to get 10?
Answer these questions in one or two sentences each. (The paragraph numbers within brackets provide clues to the answers.)
1. Why was the ‘holy man’ who gave Santosh’s mother his blessings surprised? (1)
2. Give an example to show that even as a young girl Santosh was not ready to accept anything unreasonable. (2)
3. Why was Santosh sent to the local school? (3)
4. When did she leave home for Delhi, and why? (4)
5. Why did Santosh’s parents agree to pay for her schooling in Delhi? What mental qualities of Santosh are brought into light by this incident? (4)
Working in pairs, go through the table below that gives you information about the top women tennis players since 1975. Write a short article for your school magazine comparing and contrasting the players in terms of their duration at the top. Mention some qualities that you think may be responsible for their brief or long stay at the top spot.
Top-Ranked Women Players
I. The roll of honour of women who enjoyed life at the summit since everybody’s favourite player, Chris Evert, took her place in 1975.
Weeks as No. 1
Maria Sharapova (Russia)
22 August 2005
Lindsay Davenport (U.S.)
Amelie Mauresmo (France)
13 September 2004
Justine Henin-Hardenne (Belgium)
20 October 2003
Kim Clijsters (Belgium)
11 August 2003
Serena Williams (U.S.)
8 July 2002
Venus Williams (U.S.)
25 February 2002
Jennifer Capriati (U.S.)
15 October 2001
12 October 1998
Martina Hingis (Switzerland)
31 March 1997
Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario (Spain)
6 February 1995
Monica Seles (U.S.)
11 March 1991
Steffi Graf (Germany)
17 August 1987
Tracy Austin (U.S.)
7 April 1980
Martina Navratilova (U.S.)
10 July 1978
Chris Evert (U.S.)
3 November 1975
give the meanings of the following idioms :
1. If you got a tooth, you got a friend.
2. Rain cats and dogs
3. Beat around the bush
4. Put your foot in your mouth
5. Bark up the wrong tree
Working in small groups of 4−5 students, go back over the two passages on Santosh Yadav and Maria Sharapova and complete the table given below with relevant phrases or sentences.
Their humble beginning
Their parents’ approach
Their will power and strong desire to succeed
Evidence of their mental toughness
write a short note on maria sharapovas nationalism .
Look at the following sentences. They each have two clauses, or two parts each with their own subject and verb or verb phrase. Often, one part (italicised) tells us when or why something happened.
• I reached the market when most of the shops had closed. (Tells us when I reached.)
• When Rahul Dravid walked back towards the pavilion, everyone stood up. (Tells us when everyone stood up.)
• The telephone rang and Ganga picked it up. (Tells us what happened next.)
• Gunjan has been with us ever since the school began. (Tells us for how long he has been with us.)
I. Identify the two parts in the sentences below by underlining the part that gives us the information in brackets.
1. Where other girls wore traditional Indian dresses, Santosh preferred shorts.
(Contrasts her dress with that of others)
2. She left home and got herself enrolled in a school in Delhi. (Tells us what happened after the first action.)
3. She decided to fight the system when the right moment arrived. (Tells us when she was going to fight the system.)
4. Little Maria had not yet celebrated her tenth birthday when she was packed off to train in the United States. (Tells us when Maria was sent to the U.S.)
what does calpurnia try to convince caesar of
Complete the following statements.
1. From her room in Kasturba Hostel, Santosh used to _________
2. When she finished college, Santosh had to write a letter of apology to her father because _________
3. During the Everest expedition, her seniors in the team admired her _________ while _________endeared her to fellow climbers.
Anushka come across the following news report:465 child workers who are suspected of being employed in variousIndustrial units in Madanpura, Central Mumbai were resumed by NGOsThis chilling news report on children working in hazardous industries brings out the fact thatChild labour is still rampant in many part of India. She decides to write a letter to the Editorof a leading newspaper giving her strong views on the evils of child labour. Using your ownideas and taking ideas from the unit ‘Children’ write the letter on her behalf in about 150-175words.pls give me some points
Anushka come across the following news report:
465 child workers who are suspected of being employed in various
Industrial units in Madanpura, Central Mumbai were resumed by NGOs
This chilling news report on children working in hazardous industries brings out the fact that
Child labour is still rampant in many part of India. She decides to write a letter to the Editor
of a leading newspaper giving her strong views on the evils of child labour. Using your own
ideas and taking ideas from the unit ‘Children’ write the letter on her behalf in about 150-175
pls give me some points
give me slogans on nature
what is format of report
Copyright © 2020 Applect Learning Systems Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
E.g: 9876543210, 01112345678
We will give you a call shortly, Thank You
Office hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm IST (7 days a week)