- Atmosphere : It is the multi-layered gaseous envelope surrounding the earth.
- Layers of atmosphere : Troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere (or ionosphere) and exosphere
- Role of the atmosphere
- It acts like a blanket, thus covering the earth.
- It absorbs heat from sunlight, thus keeping the average temperature of the earth steady.
- Wind – It is caused by the uneven distribution of heat over the Earth’s surface.
- Formation of Wind
- Wind is formed as a result of the differential heating of the atmosphere.
- During the day, wind blows from sea to land. This is known as sea breeze.
- During the night, w…
To view the complete topic, please