Class 10 - English - The Hundred Dresses - I
The Hundred Dresses - I
Look at this sentence. The italicised adverb expresses an opinion or point of view.
Obviously, the only dress Wanda had was the blue one she wore every day. (This was obvious to the speaker.)
Other such adverbs are apparently, evidently, surprisingly, possibly, hopefully, incredibly, luckily. Use these words appropriately in the blanks in the sentences below. (You may use a word more then once and more than one word may be appropriate for a given blank.)
1. ____________, he finished his work on time.
2. ____________, it will not rain on the day of the match.
3. _____________, he had been stealing money from his employer.
4. Television is ___________ to blame for the increase in violence in society.
5. The children will _____________ learn from their mistakes.
6. I can’t ________________ lend you that much money.
7. The thief had _____________ been watching the house for many days.
8. The thief ______________ escaped by bribing the jailor.
9. _________________, no one had suggested this before.
10. The water was ________________ hot.
To view the solution to this question please