The words given against the sentences below can be used both as nouns and verbs. Use them appropriately to fill in the blanks.
1. (i) The two teams have _________________ three matches already. (play)
(ii) The last day’s ______________________ was excellent.
2. (i) She has a lovely ________________________. (face)
(ii) India ___________________ a number of problems these days.
3. (i) He made his _________________________ in essay-writing. (mark)
(ii) Articles __________________________‘sold’ are reserved.
4. (i) The police are _______________________ the area to catch the burglars. (comb)
(ii) An ordinary plastic ______________________________ costs five rupees.
5. (i) He gave a ______________________ in answer to my question. (smile)
(ii) We also _______________________ to see him smile.
6. (i) He said he _________________________ to be invited to the party. (hope)
(ii) We gave up _______________________ of his joining the party.
7. (i) The boys put up a good athletic____________________________ . (show)
(ii) The soldiers ________________________ great courage in saving people from floods.
8. (i) You deserve a ________________________ on the back for your good performance. (pat)
(ii) The teacher _________________________ the child on the cheek to encourage her.
To view the solution to this question please