Answer the following questions.
1. “Then the situation changed.” What is being referred to? (2)
2. When Jumman’s aunt realised that she was not welcome in his house, what arrangement did she suggest? (3)
3. What was the villagers’ reaction when the aunt explained her case to them? (4)
4. Why was Jumman happy over Algu’s nomination as head Panch? (6)
5. “God lives in the heart of the Panch.” the aunt said. What did she mean? (6)
6. What was Algu’s verdict as head Panch? How did Jumman take it? (7, 8)
7. Algu found himself in a tight spot. What was his problem? (9)
8. Why was Algu upset over Jumman’s nomination as head Panch? (12, 13)
9. What was Jumman’s verdict as head Panch? How did Algu take it? (14, 15)
10. Which of the following sums up the story best?
(i) “I also know that you will not kill your conscience for the sake of friendship.”
(ii) “Let no one deviate from the path of justice and truth for friendship or enmity.”
(iii) “The voice of the Panch is the voice of God.” Give a reason for your choice.
To view the solution to this question please